Travel to Epernay, enjoy a Champagne tasting and lunch to understand vine growing and learn how the cellar master creates their Champagnes. Discover the scenic vineyards around Epernay and visit an authentic family boutique winery.
- Discovery of Champagne Avenue in Epernay and picturesque village of Hautvillers, cradle of Champagne
- Tasting class : learn Champagne tasting tips
- Lunch at a typical Champagne House with Champagnes and regional specialties
- Visit and tastings at a family-run boutique winery
|Participants||Tour takes place from 2 to 8 participants.|
- Morning train leaving from Paris Gare de l'Est at 7.58 am and arriving at 8.44 am at Reims Centre (pick-up point)
- Evening train leaving from Paris Gare de l'Est at 7.15 pm from Reims centre (drop-off point) arriving at 8.01 pm at Paris Gare de l'Est
Meet your expert guide at 11.15 am at the train station of Reims who will take you to the most famous vineyards of Champagne around Epernay.
Drive through the Champagne Avenue in Epernay, capital of Champagne where some of the most prestigious estates are based (Pol Roger, Perrier Jouët, Mercier, Boizel, Moët & Chandon).
Enjoy a moment in the vineyards, with breathtaking views on the UNESCO world’s heritage Champagne vines and acquire knowledge about the particularities of our “terroir”. You will then discover the village of Hautvillers, birthplace of Champagne. Get to enter the church where the famous monk Dom Pérignon is buried.
Be welcomed in Mareuil-sur-Ay at a typical Champagne House (Le Clos Corbier). After a Champagne quizz, train your nose to identify the different aromas and flavors that can be found in Champagne through an olfactory workshop. Get competitive as you get to identify blindly 3 different Champagnes from boutique wineries all while eating some local snacks.
Immerse yourself into the french lifestyle with a traditional lunch which consists of homemade regional specialties paired with a variety of Champagnes.
Appreciate the charming hillsides of Champagne and peek-behind-the-scenes of a family-run boutique winery. Visit the traditional press, tank room and cellar of an authentic Champagne grower. Stroll down the cool cellar corridors and glance at the immense quantity of bottles slowly maturing. Enjoy several tastings of their best–seller “cuvees” and find the best values of Champagne!
After a day full of experiences and precious souvenirs, your guide will drop you off at 6.00 pm, in front of the tourist office located at Reims centre train station.